Salary: £5.00 per hour
Applicants must have a confident, positive, telephone manner, and a gift for dealing with people. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the creative design and printing process, a good level of computer literacy including using Macs and strong organisational skills. The ability to be proactive and flexible with tasks is essential. We are especially interested in candidates with proven print, design or publishing knowledge.
You would also complete a Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship standard and gain highly transferable skills in IT, Decision-making, Problem-solving etc within a 16-month course with future prospects of full time employment. Anyone over the age of 16 can apply.
The supplier has amazing contacts with some really exciting Festivals, SMEs, and a really well established brand to work with.
• Work with the Design Manager to ensure that the design department works within any specialist legal requirements, e.g. copyright laws.
• Ensuring working methods are always in line with agreed studio procedures, specifically in the areas of time sheets, artwork file structure and archiving systems.
• Working with the Design Manager to contribute to the artistic development of the Out of Hand brand and its products including internal documents, branding and advertising in particular those digital based.
• Work on a Mac or PC to undertake flight checking and preparation of files ready for print production. Work with customers with regard to supplied files, making any necessary and agreed amendments. Save the files in an appropriate manner for printing then supply to designated suppliers in the correct manner and within agreed time constraints.
• Assist with the control the repro artwork email priority box including all correspondence and filing and assisting the Reprographic Manager when required.
• Follow all proofing and internal cross checking procedures to minimise errors and related costs Error logging.
• Undertake all practises using current company electronic system management, Creative Suite and Metrix.
• Attend departmental meetings .
• Liaise with clients face to face, by telephone and through written communication from initial file supply to artwork approval stages, including satisfying any company order requirements, including quoting and gathering file fixing fees.
• Support the design team where necessary and time permits, assisting in the production of original, high quality artwork for print items. Ensuring client expectations are fully met.
• Correct usage and maintenance of all IT equipment (hardware and software) used.
• Participate in the generation of ideas to the benefit of the brand
• Any other reasonable task required to ensure the success of the brand
If this sounds like you, please apply, let us know a bit about your qualifications by emailing us - all applications are welcome.